Do you ever come across something that expresses how you feel so perfectly that you can’t believe you didn’t say/sing/write/make it yourself?
I’ve come across a few things like this recently, and I’d like to share them with you today. Each of them expresses something important and meaningful, and does it remarkably well. They inspire me, motivate me, and make me smile.
Two songs that express the challenges and beautiful humanity that drive us to do good:
- The acoustic version of ‘Mercy’ by Dave Matthews on the Jimmy Fallon Show
- ‘Shed a Little Light’ by James Taylor
An article that nails the one thing I would most like to change about how charity works:
- The Worst Way to Judge a Charity, in the LA Times
A blog series that perfectly addresses the unsustainable (and annoying) nature of endless fundraising, and offers an alternative:
- Financing not Fundraising, by Social Velocity
A post about how to make a positive impact by slowing your life down:
- Ten Easy Ways to Take Life More Slowly, by my friend Deborah Merriam