THE FORMAT: Edmonton Do Gooder Project
Here’s the plan, friends:
Soon, I will begin posting profiles of people in the Edmonton area who are doing good in creative and unconventional ways. This is the Edmonton Do Gooder Project.
All profilees will answer the same set of 5 questions about how and why they’re doing what they do, and about their progress.
The 5 questions will be based on a set originally developed by the Charting Impact folks for charity evaluation.
Here’s the version I’m proposing:
- What is the good result you are hoping to create?
- What is your approach for making this happen?
- What makes this issue/area the best fit for you personally?
- How will you know if you’re making progress?
- What have and haven’t you accomplished so far?
What I need from you:
- Take a look at the questionnaire and give me your feedback – is this a good basis for the project? Is there anything you’d change about it?
- Let me know if you have any ideas for expanding the project – should we have some sort of ‘Do Gooder of the Year’ award at some point? Should there be a critical forum for discussing the pros and cons of the various approaches to doing good? Should we organize some sort of event around this? Other? Bring it on!